In the words of our dear Stewie, "I Want Pancakes."
New Yorkers have only 10 days left to enjoy the bounty of Pancake Month at Clinton Street Baking Co. The doors open for dinner at 6, and you should plan to get there early. The line is around the block, as per usual.
Clinton St. is serving its Pancake Month flavors Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm and 6pm-11pm, at 15 bucks per piled-high plate. We realize we missed the ball on the first part of the month, but we'll relive it all in anticipation of next year's chocolate blood orange extravaganza. We applaud the joint for going in for the truly delicious stuff - the desserty stuff - and none of that bacon-with-my-banana baloney. We'll take our pancakes sweet, not savory, for all time to come.
The Entire Calendar:
- February 1, 2, 3: chocolate & blood orange pancakes w/candied orange glaze
- 4, 5: poached pears with vanilla bean whipped cream & warm maple butter
- 8, 9: fresh coconut pancakes with passion fruit syrup and bananas
- 10, 11: roasted apples with candied walnuts and warm maple caramel
- 12, 15: chocolate chunks, fresh raspberries, and raspberry-caramel sauce
- 16, 17: brown sugar pecans, bananas and cinnamon maple butter
- 18, 19, 22: classic chocolate chunk
- 23, 24: fresh blackberries, pecan streusel, warm maple butter
- 25, 26: crunchy bananas with cinnamon-chili-chocolate sauce
Oh, it is a crime that Pancake Month falls on the shortest of all months. Check it out at:
Clinton Street Baking Co.
4 Clinton Street
New York, NY 10002