Here are The Top 10 Tips I learned from my Mom:
1. Chocolate can cure all wounds.
2. Smoosh your chocolate chip cookies mid-bake and they’ll be extra soft and chewy. Just press the sides in a little bit with your spatula until the cookies get all wrinkly.
3. All cake baking mistakes can be fixed with extra icing.
4. Freeze the mixing bowl and the beaters before making whipped cream, and it’ll go faster.
5. To slice through layers of a cake horizontally, use a taught piece of dental floss and drag it through.
6. Cream. Cheese. Frosting. It’s delicious on everything and one of the easiest things in the world to make: cream cheese and powdered sugar, all whipped up.
7. Don't be fooled by a sweet talking man with a cute smile. He just might be a heartbreaker!
8. Jell-o is kind of awesome.
9. Estate sales and garage sales are the best sources for vintage cookbooks, cake molds, bundt pans, cookie cutters of all shapes and sizes, serving platters. Thanks, Mom, for all the great stuff you've collected for me over time!
10. The secret ingredient is love.