2. Ok, maybe vintage racquets not the most practical when playing tennis, but they look quite photogenic mounted in the salon. Search for yours here.
3. Glam up those tennis whites with some fabulous sunnies. I'm obsessed with Karen Walker citron Northern Lights. $250
4. There's nothing I love more than a man who smells like a man. Lacoste Noir L.12.12, the new sent from the eponymous label is inspired by tennis legend Rene Lacoste, a man of style, finesse, and many trophies. Noir is extra tasty with notes of watermelon, basil, verbena, lavender, dark chocolate, cashmeran, coumarin, and patchouli. It's so sexy, I've been known to sneak a spritz for myself! AND a slick black bottle with the iconic alligator affixed to the front for match point! $65
6. Gin and Tonics are a classic summer drink - light, yet thirst quenching. Get your dose of quinine with a Bombay Sapphire East Gin and Tonic with Fever Tree tonic. I like a variation to the classic cocktail, using Bombay Sapphire East, a gin made with lemongrass, black peppercorn, lemon peel, coriander, almonds, and licorice, along with other roots and barks from around the world. The bright citrus flavors of the lemongrass and the hot black peppercorn balance so nicely with the juniper.
A Proper Gin and Tonic
2 oz Bombay Sapphire East
4 oz Fever Tree
Fresh Lime Wedges
Build over 1" ice cubes in a high ball glass, stir, squeeze one lime wedge into cocktail, and garnish with the other lime wedge.
7. Tennis has always been one of the most fashionable sports - a good reason to get out on the court, if you ask me. Love a good striped number for the court, especially this Pique Pleated Tennis Dress by Lacoste - $150.
8. Keep hydrated with infused refreshers - ice water with fresh fruit like strawberries and mint served up in pretty pitchers.
9. Set up colorful blankets for a bright backdrop and a comfortable spot for people to relax in the grass. I love these unique hand dyed Bolivian Blankets from El Cosmico that are vibrant and really thick. $350
10. Keep those bottles of tonic poppin' with a handsome Brass Bottle Opener by Masanori Oji. $55
11. Serve Floral Sweets like these Petit Fours from Dean & Deluca - Lemon Cake layered with tart lemon ganache and Cassis with black currant ganache, covered in white chocolate and garnished with candied organic pansies. $65
12. Stay in the shade with pretty parasols. A critical savior for those of us with fair skin. $11
13. Make Tea Sandies for snacks - cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon with fresh dill and cream cheese, and avocado toast with lots of flaky salt and fresh lemon juice.
14. Serve Belle de Brillet Champagne Cocktails for the ladies - a wonderfully refreshing cocktail of bubbles and juicy pear cognac. Garnish with thin slices of fresh pears for extra flare.
Belle de Brillet Champagne Cocktail
1/2 oz Belle de Brillet
Splash of Grand Marnier or Napoleon Mandarine
Pear Slice for Garnish
Build in a Champagne Flute, top with Champagne, and enjoy!
See you on the lawn in your whites!