Sadly, all you may not be in New York to join me for this gorgeous fete, so we urge you, dear reader to have a lawn party of your own! Without further ado, here's the Gastronomista Guide to a Modern Jazz Party - with a bit of vintage flair, of course!
2. Oysters in the summertime are divine - serve them on vintage oyster plates in the shape of...well, oysters!
3. St. Germain tipples in the summertime - one of my favorites is the Bohemian:
1 oz Beefeater Gin
1 oz St. Germain
3/4 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
1-2 dashes Peychauds Bitters
Shake and Strain into a cocktail coupe. Garnish with an orange twist.
4. I'm in love with round vintage inspired sunnies this summer - especially this gorgeous pair by Illesteva. $200
5. Art Deco baubles give both a vintage and modern flare to any look. Graphic fan earrings by Neon Sky are a total show stopper! $38
6. What's better on a summer day than a cold glass of champers? Nothing, I say. Keep it proper with Krug.
7. One designer who does 1920's inspired well, is Ms Miuccia Prada - there's usually a piece or two in every Miu Miu collection that has us swooning - lusting for those old hollywood looks but with a clean modern edge. $4,260
8. A party isn't a party without proper flutes - these flutes from Crate and Barrel are a nice style mix of new and old. $13
9. Keep cool in the summer heat with a Japanese Silk Fan. Perfect for hiding your eyes behind whilst flirting with the gents. $15
10. If you need some of the strong stuff - pack a flask on your hip. Engraved Flasks make wonderful keepsakes for generations to come.
11. Playing cards are great for lawn parties - and even more chic with a glamorous set of gilded cards. Kick ass at Gin like a royal! $20
12. For an extra vintage feel to your tunes, connect your iphone to a retro inspired Gramophone. $249
13. Spats were ubiquitous in the 1920s - for men. Today they're found on men's and women's shoes, and we love them on this pair of Miu Miu pumps. Perfect for dancing up a storm! $675
14. When on Governor's Island, one must have stylish wheels to take a loop. The St. Germain Bicycle isn't available anymore, but we still lust after it, especially with that leather bottle holster. Yes please.